Chatting with Mayor Hillary Schieve
In this episode, the Reno Dads spend some time with Reno’s Mayor, Hillary Schieve, and talk with her about our awesome city! We cover a few interesting topics that we know are important to dads and families in the Northern Nevada area: What makes Reno such a family friendly place? How does the City of Reno try to balance economic growth with the impact on families?
A big issue here in the Northern Nevada region is how the economic growth is affecting the availability of affordable housing — Mayor Schieve gives a bit of insight into how Reno can continue to grow and address the housing issue in the near and longer terms. We get a look at the catalog of City of Reno recreation programs, and finally, we hear about Mayor Schieve’s personal connection to addressing mental health in our community.
Have a listen to this episode and let us know what you think! Click on Contact Us, and get in touch!
Rad Links Mentioned in the Episode
- City of Reno Website
- City of Reno Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Guide (PDF)
- Reno Dads Podcast (iTunes)
- 97.7 KWNK Reno Radio Station
More Reno Dads!
- Connect with the Reno Dads! Social media accounts posted below
- Remember, you are now able to subscribe on iTunes, Google Play and through the RSS feed. Please leave a rating so others can find our content!
- If you enjoyed this podcast, please go rate it on iTunes!