Situational Awareness: Play the Game
In this episode, the Reno Dads sit down and talk about a great article by one of our own Reno Dads, David about Teaching Situational Awareness. It’s an important skill that dads can have a large role in helping our kids develop. What is situational awareness, exactly? David provides a great bit of insight from his time as a CIA officer, and talks about how he’s teaching his boys how to be better citizens, not just wander through daily life without noticing the people and events around them.
Have a listen to this episode and let us know what you think! How are you teaching your kids about this concept? Have any fun games you like to play to help strengthen their observational skills? Click on Contact Us, and get in touch!
- Team Introductions: Jonathan Salkoff, David Bradfield, and Mike McDowell
- Conversation about situational awareness and building observational skills
Rad Links Mentioned in the Episode
- David Bradfield’s article “A Former CIA Officer’s Guide to Teaching Your Kid Situational Awareness“
- Reno Dads Podcast (iTunes)
- 97.7 KWNK Reno Radio Station
More Reno Dads!
- Connect with the Reno Dads! Social media accounts posted below
- Remember, you are now able to subscribe on iTunes, Google Play and through the RSS feed. Please leave a rating so others can find our content!
- If you enjoyed this podcast, please go rate it on iTunes!