Coming up with date night ideas always seems to fall to the ladies and the guys are stuck painting boards or sipping wine or a more traditional dinner and a movie event. Nothing against those things, they are fun and all, but sometimes we need just need to spice things up a bit. So, here I am to the rescue! Men, send your bride this list and thank me later!
Escape Room Date Night
Do you like being handcuffed to your wife in a dark room? Escape Rooms are for you! Escape Rooms are my go-to for date night fun. As I have written previously, I cannot get enough puzzle room action. Reno is blessed with some solid puzzle room companies each providing a unique experience. My only recommendation is to make it a double date.
Here is a list of Escape Rooms in the area.
- Key and Code: two locations at Legends Sparks (read our review here)
- Puzzle Room Reno: Downtown Reno (read our review here)
- Immersium: Kietzke near Atlantis
- Break Through Reno: Off Moana
- Brainy Actz Escape Rooms Reno: Longley in South Reno
Shooting Range Date Night
Sometimes a couple just needs to pump some lead into a bunch of hostile paper targets downrange. If that is your thing, taking your wife to the shooting range is a great opportunity to work on basic weapon safety and develop hers and your comfort level handling weapons in a safe environment. Most places allow you to rent shooting equipment and protective gear and buy ammo and targets. I am not sure if House of Arrows or Wasting Arrows have date night opportunities, but call and ask!
Whiskey Tasting Date Night
Does your idea of date night include you and the wife getting all liquored up without sipping a boring martini? Good old fashioned whiskey tasting is what you need!
- Frey Ranch Estate Distillery: (Fallon) (read about our experience here)
- Branded Hearts Distillery
- Verdi Local Distillery
- The Depot Craft Brewery Distillery
- Forsaken River Spirits
- Seven Troughs Distilling Company
- Whispering Vine – Wine Tasting
- Bently Heritage – Gin and Vodka (Minden)
Rock Climbing Date Night
If getting physical and exerting energy is your style of date night, then check out some of the amazing rock climbing opportunities we have in the area.
Athletic Event Date Night
You can always attend a game at one of Reno’s many sporting events from the Reno Aces to Wolf Pack Athletics. Perhaps sweating bodies wrestling and rolling around is of interest, like a jiu jitsu competition, is more your thing? Sometimes a couple just needs to sit back, grab a beer, and let others do all the hard work!
- Reno Aces
- 1868 Soccer Club
- Nevada Wolf Pack Athletics
- Jiu-Jitsu Competitions like Fight 2 Win, Bellator, King of the Cage when in Reno
Trivia Night Date Night
See if your spouse really “knows everything” as they claim they do, at a classic Trivia Night! Shea’s and Ceol offer a traditional Irish Pub/Tavern Trivia Night and the others listed offer DJ Trivia, a branded trivia system used throughout the area and nation.
Classic Irish Pub Trivia Night
Trivia Night at a Brewery/Bar (No Food)
- Lead dog Brewery Monday 7pm (Brewery)
- Beer NV Tuesday 7pm (South Reno)
- Sierra Tap House Tuesdays 7-9pm
- Pigeon Head Brewery Wednesday 7pm (Brewery)
- Bella Fiore Wednesday 7pm (Carson City) (Wine)
- IMBIB Thursday 7pm (Brewery)
- Revision Brewery Thursday 7pm (Sparks) (Brewery)
- Midtown Wine Bar Thursday 7pm
Trivia Night with Food
- Rue Bourbon Sunday 1-3pm (Cajun food, including Alligator!)
- Little Waldorf Saloon Monday 630pm (University area)
- Red’s Broken Bat Tuesday 7pm (Greater Nevada Field)
- The Fox Brewpub Tuesday 7pm (Carson City)
- Rick’s Pizza Wednesday 7pm (University area)
- Bighorn Grill Wednesday 7pm
- BC Taproom Thursday 7-9pm
We are active dads in the Reno area and we love to highlight great venues and activities in our community and share them with you. We will continue to hunt down places new and old to tell you about! As always, thanks for your support.