Youth wrestling offers children the opportunity to instill confidence, build strength, and learn discipline while participating in a sport they can continue in their whole lives. Additionally, wrestling, like Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, has incredible benefits to combat bullying, manage ADHD, develop socially, and help fight the obesity epidemic ravaging our nation’s youth. Reno is fortunate to have a strong and growing wrestling community.
To find a wrestling program near you, check out the following link and reach out directly if you are interested in more information. Many programs are ending registration soon:
Youth Wrestling Programs
- Nevada Elite Wrestling (year-round): Ages Boys and Girls 6-18; in an effort to grow their girls’ program, all wrestling program fees ($250) are waived for the 2019-20 season.
- Spanish Springs Wrestling Club
- Carson Bulldogs Wrestling Club
- North Valleys Predators
- Team Nevada North
- Fernley Wrestling Club
- Silver State Wrestling Academy
- Fallon Outlaws Wrestling Club
- Greenwave Youth Wrestling Club
- Legacy Wrestling Nevada
- Truckee Wrestling
- Lasson Wrestling Association Youth
- Mustangs Wrestling Club
For more information on the organization that unties these clubs, visit USA Nevada Wrestling.
If you notice that a club is missing or want us to add your organization, please let us know and we can add it to the list.
If you enjoyed this article, check out our Winter Sports Guide. For more information on youth Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in our area, check out Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu – A Reno Dads Guide. As always, thanks for your support.