Who else is ready to trade in freezing nights at the baseball, football, and soccer fields for a climate controlled gym? If you are among the frozen, we have good news: basketball season is upon us! Reno doesn’t have a ton of youth basketball programs, but the ones we have are large and fantastic. We have you covered with Sierra Nevada Basketball, Northern Nevada Sports and Recreation, and the Boys and Girls Club of Truckee Meadows.
Check out the following links and reach out to each program directly for more information . Many programs are ending registration soon:
Youth Basketball Programs
- Who: Open for boys and girls, grades 3-8.
- When: Registrations close November 30, or until the league hits capacity. Sierra Nevada Basketball conducts a skills assessment the first week of December and practices and games are January through March.
- Where: Practices and Games are held in South Reno at Damonte Ranch High School, Galena High School, and Depoali Middle School.
- Costs: Costs are $160 for the first child and $130 for siblings.
- More Information on Sierra Nevada Basketball
- Who: Open for boys and girls, grades K-8.; also available is a PeeWee program for Ages 3-5
- When: League runs January through March. Games and practices will be held two days a week Monday-Friday after 5:30pm for 50 minutes, no weekend games or practices. Games typically run no longer than 45 minutes.
- Where: Sparks, NW Reno, South Reno and North Valley’s
- Cost: $105 per registration. Registration Deadline: December 20th. $10 late fee assessed for any registrations received after 12/20.
- More Information
- Who: Open for boys and girls, grades 3-8. Each age division is split into two groups: a Gold Division, more experienced players on preformed teams with a designated coach (minimum of ten players), and more experienced players looking for a team; a Silver Division consisting of individually registered players or those with less experience.
- When: Games and practices are at 5:30 or 6:30 on the weekly schedule below. Registration deadline is Nov. 27
3rd/4th Boys: games on Mondays, practices on Wednesdays.
3rd/4th Girls: games on Tuesdays, practices on Thursdays.
5th/6th Boys: games on Wednesdays, practices on Mondays.
5th/6th Girls: games on Thursdays, practices on Tuesdays.
7th/8th Boys: games on Mondays, practices on Fridays.
7th/8th Girls: games on Wednesdays, practices on Fridays.
- Where: Practices are at E. Ninth Street, and most games are at 1300 Foster Drive, with some exceptions, including 7th/8th divisions, which primarily play at E. Ninth Street.
- Cost: $50 for current BGCTM members if completed by Nov. 27, $65 after Nov. 27, space permitting. Cost for non-members is $70 if completed by Nov. 27, $85 after Nov. 27, space permitting.
If you notice an organization is missing or want us to add your organization, please let us know and we can add it to the list.
If you enjoyed this Reno Dads Guide, check out our Winter Sports Guide and our Youth Wrestling Guide. As always, thanks for your support.