The 2019 Reno Dads Local Christmas Shopping Guide is here! Each of the Reno Dads and a few of our friends have provided our favorite local shops that puts a smile on our faces when unwrapping presents. Though not planned this way, this developed into a solid list of classic guy stuff (weird, right?). If you need a gift for your favorite dads in your life, look no further!
This list has our favorite local beers, bourbon, and our favorite places to grab steaks and burgers. For the dads needing more clothes, this list includes all the places we go to show our love for our city, state, and university. And what list of “dad gifts” wouldn’t include where to get gear for our favorite hobbies? We got it all here.
Check it out, share it around, and remember the local shops that make this community stronger by bonding us together.
Reno Dads Co-Founder
- Frey Ranch Bourbon: Nothing beats a bottle of this highly anticipated and newly released bourbon.
- Komainu Apparel: Easily the best jiu-jitsu rash guards around in both function and design. Hit up their Facebook page to see latest designs and get your hands on some of the limited releases and pre-orders.
- Home Means Nevada Co.: An incredible store with tons of apparel to show our pride in Nevada. The shop is located over on Foothill Dr. in South Reno.
- D Bar M Western Store: Every Nevadan needs a good pair of boots and these guys have been around for 45 years.
Reno Dads Co-Founder
- Silver and Blue Outfitters: hands down the best place in town to get your University of Nevada, Reno apparel and gifts.
- Roundabout Grill: really delicious food and cocktails, and owned by local dad Colin Smith (check out my review) – a gift certificate fits perfectly. Alternatively, Roundabout Meal Prep is a great way to not worry about cooking or preparing meals that are filling but healthy.
- Moana Nursery (gift cert): I know I’m already thinking about the yard work and landscaping ideas I have for the upcoming year. I like using Moana for trees, bushes, and flowers because they can survive our Winters and our 6 fake Springs.
Reno Dads Podcast Director; Management Consultant
- Reno Running Company: Into running or just want a solid pair of athletic shoes? This should be among your first stops.
- Eclipse Running: Another go-to for your athletic shoe needs!
- Moment Skis: Fantastic ski shop in Sparks as you prepare for the ski season.
Reno Dads Contributor; owner Zephyr Wellness
- Beefy’s: Best burgers, service, and craft beer in town.
- Western Village Steakhouse: Fantastic local date night restaurant.
- Brewchatter: Supplies for home brewing and an excellent place to begin your home brewing journey
- Reno Guns and Range: Easily the best and safest gun shop and gun range in the city.
Reno Dads Contributor; Home Mortgage Consultant, Guild Mortgage
- Revision Brewing Company: “Hands down the best beer in town”
- The Reno Homebrewer: A home brewing kit from Reno Homebrewer is a great gift!
Reno Dads Contributor
- Omega Frog Comics: Huge comic shop over in the Legends Outlet next to Grimaldi’s Pizza.
Owner, Yemaso – Komainu Jiu-Jitsu, Komainu Apparel, and LEO Defense Systems
- FAST NV: This is my go-to for fitness/Hybrid Fit Group Training. Great environment and knowledgeable trainers.
- Mark Fore and Strike: Hunting/Fishing and outdoor gear. Reno’s original store and locally owned.
- Derby Supply Company: A phenomenal old school barber shop. Go see my buddy Les Baroga
Community Manager, Yelp
- Tahoe Timber: They have quality wooden eyewear & accessories made using sustainable & renewable resources.
- Coffee and Comics: Both a coffee and comic book shop!
- Cap’n Games: A local shop to buy, trade, and sell new and used video games.
- Natural Selection: Natural Selection is a natural curiosity shop located in the heart of midtown Reno.
- Micano Home and Garden Decor: Located in Midtown, this is among the best shops in Reno for home and garden decor.
- Tahoe Nevada Love: Another must-have local apparel shop featuring our favorite designs.
Partner, Argentum Partners
- The Depot Craft Brewery and Distillery: The Depot also has an amazing selection of retail ranging from hats and insulated growlers to bottled spirits and beer that make perfect gifts for friends, coworkers and family. Who doesn’t love beer, spirits and food…especially when they’re locally sourced and made?
- Battle Born Beer: At the brewery, directly behind The Depot, you can buy Battle Born in six or 12-packs and get an amazing array of swag from stickers to shirts and hats while taking a tour of the facility.
- Doughboys Donuts: I love surprising my kids with a dozen donuts to help round out our Christmas morning. Jay Kenny and his team know how to make amazing donuts varying from traditional powdered or glazed donuts to jelly-filled or huge apple fritters and have two locations in town.
Reno Dads Contributor
- Nevada Basketball: Tickets to a game this season is a no-brainer for the Nevada Basketball loving dad in your home.
- Nothing to It Culinary School: A cooking class is a great date night idea to reconnect with your spouse.
- Northstar or Squaw Valley: A ski pass to Northstar or Squaw Valley for the season
Boxing Instructor, UFC Gym
- Juggernaut Arms: A great place with good prices and a friendly knowledgeable staff. Guns and ammo is always a good gift!
- Bigshot Indoor Range: An awesome place to meet and shoot with your buddies and along with guns and ammo, range time is great for gifts.
- Reno Fly Shop: Not only do they have the gear and equipment for your fishing needs, they have tons of knowledge about local fishing to make your next trip more successful.
If you enjoyed this Christmas Shopping Guide, check out our awesome Christmas related posts: Surviving Family Holidays, The V&T Polar Express, our Homemade Hot Chocolate Recipe, and our massive Christmas Events Guide.
As always, thanks for your support and find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!